So much food and exercise stuff to catch up on! Life is busy right now as I’m prepping to move this coming week. My goals for today: Spin class (check), walk dog (check), go through ALL of my food magazines and rip out fave recipes (check), blog (check), pack, move boxes, and make a salad for Ben V’s bbq tonight.
Let me know if you’re interested in any of these:
Dana and Amanda threw a fabulous byo appetizer birthday party last night, and one of the guests brought a bean dip that I’m still fantasizing about.
My app, goat cheese stuffed dates with bbq glaze, baked:
We are intensely focused on making salad rolls:
Have you heard of the Indian sweet treat coconut burfi? Brooke found the recipe on showmethecurry.com, and they were fantastic. I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch…
Indian Coconut Burfi (this recipe actually from indobase.com)
• 2 cups Scraped Coconut Shreds
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1-1/2 cup Water
• 2 tbsp Milk
• 1 tbsp Ghee
• 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
How to make Coconut Burfi:
• Heat a pan, add the coconut shreds and fry gently over moderate heat.
• When the coconut milk moisture is somewhat lessened, remove it from heat.
• Now in a seperate vessel, boil water over moderate heat.
• When the water boils, add the sugar and keep on stirring till the sugar water boils.
• Add the milk to the boiling sugar syrup.
• When the sugar syrup reaches a thick syrupy stage, add the fried coconut shreds to it.
• Stir constantly till the coconut and sugar syrup are blended thickly and stickily together.
• Now add the ghee and cardamom seeds powder.
• Stir till the mixture looks thick, remove from the heat and pour into a ghee-smeared table or plate.
• Flatten the surface evenly with the help of an oiled flat slice.
• When cold, cut into squares or diamond shapes and serve.